Mushroom & Kale Tofu Scramble
Breakfast of vegan champions!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
· half a block of extra firm tofu
· 2 baby bella mushrooms
· 2 cups baby kale
· 1tsp garlic powder
· 1tsp onion powder
· ½ tsp turmeric (for color)
· 1tsp paprika
· 1Tbsp nutritional yeast
· ¼ c Daiya cheddar shreds (optional)
1. Begin by heating 2Tbsp of water in a skillet on medium heat. You can use oil if you prefer. While waiting for the water to heat, dice the mushrooms.
2. Once water is simmering, begin cooking mushrooms. Don’t stir them too often or they’ll end up getting slimy. While the mushrooms cook, chop the baby kale into bite sized pieces. After 3 or 4 minutes, add the chopped kale to the pan.
3. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to the veggies; cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Once the spices have cooked down, crumble your tofu into the pan. Crumbling the tofu with your hand with give the appearance of scrambled eggs. Stir the tofu into the veggies and then add the turmeric and nutritional yeast; cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Add the Daiya shreds and turn the pan to low. This will help the cheez melt a bit easier when it is stirred into the scramble. Top with sliced avocado or hot sauce to enjoy!